Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Chapter 1



Today I received nine quilt blocks from a block swap I signed up for a few months ago. The rules were to make 10 blocks (1 for charity) using fabrics from your own stash combined with Kona cottons in some combination of four colors: squash, curry, mint, and robin's egg. Under the "links" section of this blog, you can find a link to the rest of the rules.

I participated in the swap thinking that when I got blocks from nine strangers, I'd turn them into a quilt, and that would be a done deal. However, when the blocks arrived, I was immediately fascinated with their history, and even more fascinated with their future.

I started this blog to investigate the past of each of these blocks, and to brainstorm ideas about what they might become.

People are always asking me about my quilts, and it's ironic that, as a writer, I'm not better at telling their stories. This is an effort to change all that.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?